by Frederick Mann
25 Anarcho-Capitalist Things You Can Do Now!
This is the fourth in a series of articles on the Economic Means to Freedom. The idea for this article was inspired by:
Geoff Smith <email@example.com> wrote:
>Yes. I agree, this is something I would
>like to see more of on the list. "Ten
>things you can do to live an anarcho-
>capitalist life now!" What are the
>current, practical things we can do to
>not be hypocritical against our politics
>(or lack of politics)? I would like to
>make the assumption that
>anarcho-capitalism/libertarianism is the
>best system, and go from there.
Disclaimer: This article constitutes the
dissemination of information in accordance with the right to free speech. Nothing in this
article is to be interpreted as legal, accounting, tax, currency, banking, or investment
advice. Anyone seeking such advice should consult a properly qualified and accredited
professional. All readers of this article are emphatically advised to obey all laws on
Earth and in the Universe to the letter.
Anarcho-Capitalism and Economic Means to Freedom
The practice -- as opposed to the theory, or communication without action -- of
anarcho-capitalism is synonymous with what I've been calling the Economic Means to
Freedom. The practice of anarcho-capitalism is also the practice of the Economic Means to
So what might be "Ten things you can do to live an
anarcho-capitalist life now!"?
I've been a practicing anarcho-capitalist for more than 25
years. Yet I find the above question tough to answer. We're all in "different
places" regarding our marketable skills, financial situation, knowledge of practical
freedom, willingness to take risks, etc.
So let me make a list of more than ten things. From this
list, select 10 things you think might be appropriate for you, then prioritize them into a
sequence that is most appropriate for your individual situation, and then do them!
1. Identify or develop some activity that enables you to
earn money (in an honest manner) that is effectively invisible to terrocrats (terrorist
bureaucrats or coercive political agents). Examples: become a professional gambler; become
a successful trader or investor, utilizing financial structures like offshore
corporations, trusts, and/or foundations; sell "how-to" information related to
your areas of expertise; organize seminars/workshops related to your areas of expertise;
publish a newsletter; develop a course on practical anarcho-capitalism and market/deliver
it via Internet. Check out Loompanics Unlimited
for more ideas.
2. Read the book The Incredible Secret Money Machine
by Don Lancaster. This book has partially inspired me to create a number of "money
machines" that provide me with income streams invisible to terrocrats. Check out his
website The Guru's Lair, for an example of an
Internet-based business. Also check out Dr. Hewitt- Gleeson's School of Thinking.
3. Study the 'Millionaire Reports' which contain a
wealth of money-making principles not available anywhere else.
4. Organize a group of people to meet, share information,
and brainstorm the specific things each anarcho-capitalist individual might do. Ideas for
new anarcho-capitalist businesses may be generated. Business partnerships could be formed.
5. Improve your degree of privacy. Set up "alternatives" that are more private than your "public persona." Do a search for +maildrop +offshore. If you do some WWW searching and you follow links, you may find several dozen organizations that provide information and services that facilitate the practice of anarcho-capitalism. Check out Paladin Press. Check out DangerousBooks.
6. Learn to operate in ways that minimize or eliminate
"paper trails" that provide terrocrats with information they could use against
you. For example, use credit cards issued by offshore banks. Find private ways to handle
all or much of your banking needs. See the financial institutions mentioned in the first article of this series.
7. Improve your marketing skills. Check out Dr. Hewitt-
Gleeson's "NewSell" course at The School of
8. Adopt an attitude of constantly looking for incremental
advantages in life generally. In exploring Neo-Tech,
I find it useful to distinguish between any material with the word "Zon" and
other material. I find much of the other material quite useful. Some of the "Neo-Tech
Advantages" as well as the information on "neocheating" I find particularly
9. Develop your thinking skills. I suggest you start with
Dr. Michael Hewitt-Gleeson's "Brain Freebie" course at The School of Thinking.
10. If you work for a company, explore the possibility of
setting up your own business (doing whatever you're now doing for the company), and having
your business provide these services to the company. Note that this is different from
being a "private contractor." The company doesn't contract with you as a private
contractor; it contracts with "your business," which is an entity separate from
11. If it's appropriate for you, and you can do so legally
and safely, exit whatever tax systems you may currently subscribe to. As with an e-mail
list, you always have the option to "unsubscribe" -- though some instances are
more difficult and dangerous than others!
12. Subscribe to the Free World Order and Advanced Freedom Solutions lists. These lists are especially designed for practicing anarcho-capitalists, and aspiring anarcho-capitalists.
13. Take creative action to safeguard assets from terrocrats and other thieves and robbers. Organize your affairs so you own nothing of great value, but you benefit from entities such as trusts, offshore foundations and/or corporations, etc. that own certain assets. Check out Mark Nestmann's site. Also search WWW for books by Adam Starchild.
14. Become a "permanent tourist" (PT) -- wherever
you happen to be at any time, you're "just a tourist staying for a short time and
then moving on" -- http://www.scopebooks.com/.
15. Check out the free-enterprise financial institutions
mentioned in the first article of this series and get involved with
them as appropriate. Check out Laissez Faire City.
Also contains important information on individual sovereignty.
16. Check out "Counter-Economics" as described by 'The Agorist Institute'.
17. If your psyche includes a wimp that is shit-scared of
"the state" or "the government," check out BUILDFREEDOM.COM in general and chapter five of Wake Up America
in particular. Increase your personal power -- see Report #TL10: How to Achieve and Increase Personal
18. Learn to operate in a manner such that that you focus
on taking actions under your direct control. You want to do things that are directly
linked to the results you wish to achieve. If you have to beg others to change their
behavior in order for you to succeed, you tend to lose your power. For example, if like
Wes Burt you beg "the establishment" to take notice of Peter H. Rossi's
"Iron Law" or Burt's "Teflon Topic," the most likely result is that
you render yourself powerless. (By his own admission, Wes has been going at it since 1969,
without producing any results!)
19. Observe the results -- or lack of results -- you
produce and learn from them. Become more flexible. Experiment. Change strategies and
tactics until you find what works. And keep improving that. (During the past four years,
people have made of the order of $100 million in the free-enterprise sector as a result of
information at BUILDFREEDOM.COM.)
Geoff Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org> also wrote:
>Which goes along the lines of
>something John Clark once said (I
>paraphrase): "Anarcho-capitalism has
>become feasible because we have the
>technology to maintain it." This
>statement says we have the potential
>to maintain an anarchy, but how do we
>actually do it?
20. Discover that you are free and sovereign by nature.
Read Harry Browne: How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World and Rose Wilder Lane: The
Discovery of Freedom -- both available from Laissez
Faire Books. Check out the "sovereign individual paradigm" at the WEPIN Store as well as BUILDFREEDOM.COM.
21. Learn "Freedom Technology" -- the practical
knowledge, skills, and methods to live the free life of an anarcho-capitalist; the
street-smart know-how to run rings around terrocrats and to outwit them at every turn; the
HOW of the Economic Means to Freedom. The many links in this article mostly point to
various aspects of Freedom Technology, starting with BUILDFREEDOM.COM.
22. Read 'Deep Anarchy' by
Extropy cofounder Max More to discover that the entire world has always been in a state of
anarchy. Max More: ""Deep Anarchy" is the view that results from these
thoughts; it is the idea that we already live in an anarchy." Mr. More emphasizes
that, "There is no "State." There are only individuals acting in a statist
manner..." We need to focus on "Bringing About a Better Anarchy."
23. Study 'The Anatomy of
Slavespeak' -- to discover the extent to which you may effectively have been
oppressing yourself with your own words. Study Report #TL07E: NSPIC Debate #1 to discover
some of the most basic factors that keep coercive political systems in place.
24. Become superhealthy. We need to outcompete and outlive
terrocrats and their supporters. In the near future I'll compile a compendium of my best
health links and references.
25. Study my series of articles on
the Economic Means to Freedom . Watch out for future articles.
Copyright Exception: Anyone is free (and encouraged) to
circulate this article in electronic form in accordance with the generally accepted
customs of netiquette, provided the article is circulated in its entirety without any
Feedback: What did you think of this article? We'd like to hear your thoughts. (Please mention the name of the article to which you are responding.)